MD, Head of Digital Transformation
Job Number: 8867
Position Title: Team Member - Exempt
Location_formattedLocationLong: New York, New York US
AB is a leading global investment management firm that offers high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional clients, individuals and private clients in major markets around the world. AB employs more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in growth equities, value equities, fixed income securities, blend strategies and alternative investments and, through its subsidiaries and joint ventures, operates in more than 20 countries. AB’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting capabilities. Through its integrated global platform, AB is well-positioned to tailor investment solutions for its clients. AB also offers independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services to institutional investors.
The Head of Digital Transformation will be a key member of Client Group Global Marketing Team at AllianceBernstein (AB), working closely with our regional leads, the Head of Global Marketing and the Chief Marketing Officer to build the digital footprint across Retail, Institutional and Corporate channels.
This position will drive the vision of becoming best-in-class in the use of digital technology and data to reach and engage with customers/prospects within 3 years.
Strategy: Create a comprehensive strategy and roadmap for achieving that vision, including:
● Define in specific terms AB’s longer term (3 year) vision of becoming best-in-class in the use of digital technology and data, determining what metrics will be used to measure success
● Assess and benchmark current digital properties, including web, mobile, social, digital marketing (email, search, advertising) and data capture/utilization vs best-practices within and outside the asset management industry
● Identify and prioritize key gaps to be filled in achieving our vision, including but not limited to capabilities, staffing /organization and technology
● Based on the above, create a 3-year roadmap for rapidly elevating digital outreach, engagement & service across all platforms, identifying costs, dependencies etc
● Demonstrate in compelling fashion ROI/cost-benefit rationale for the recommended roadmap
Organization: Put in place the optimal organization for creating and executing on our digital initiatives in an agile and innovative manner
● Assess internal talent, structure, infrastructure and vendors
Determine optimal organization and factor the in-source/out-source model and central/regional model
● Build a culture of rapid concept development and delivery
Leadership & partnerships: Establish highly-effective and collaborative relationships with key stake holders and business partners
● BI/Sales: Partnering with the BI team and Sales, evolve our approach to collecting and applying data to marketing activities to drive segmentation, contact strategies and messaging
● IT: Partnering with Client Group-aligned IT resources, plus growing network to tap into corporate initiatives with the CTO and other IT directors
● Marketing Heads: Directing cross-functional teams focused on the management and implementation of client-centric marketing programs and features onto multiple websites and digital platforms
● Head of Content: Working with content team to help determine the most effective ways to leverage and amplify digital content to drive deep engagement and broad sharing of our intellectual capital
● Head of Business Services: Creating a cost-effective set of priorities within the projected budget
● Other ‘internal clients” including leads in Corporate Communications, HR and Business Development
● Key influencers within the firm
On-going management: Oversee execution of digital initiatives in an efficient, highly agile and high quality manner
● Execute upon the approved roadmap
● Deliver on near term regional digital initiatives, including improved digital experience for customers when researching our products
● Ensure strategies, tactics, tools, vendors, etc are best-of-breed
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
● 5-10+ years of Digital, Strategy, UX or Technology Experience, preferably in a B2B distribution environment
● 5-10+ years of experience with change management skills: ability to anticipate and execute action plans to proactively manage and drive change in an organization
● Excellent collaboration & negotiation skills: Ability to understand customer needs, negotiate complex issues and total value offerings to our customers
● Strong understanding of the challenges of B2B marketing and trends in the asset management industry
● Strong prioritization skills and ability to quickly re-prioritize in a dynamic environment
Location: New York (ideally) but will consider other locations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Community / Marketing Title: MD, Head of Digital Transformation
AB is a leading global investment-management and research firm with more than $500 billion in assets under management and a presence in 22 countries, with more than 3,400 employees worldwide. We serve clients ranging from institutions to individuals and private clients, and we offer independent research, portfolio strategy and brokerage-related services tailored to our clients’ unique needs. With forward-looking perspective and expertise in equities, fixed-income, alternatives and multi-asset strategies, more than 500 investment professionals collaborate to share ideas and make connections across disciplines, geographies, asset classes and sectors. These collective insights drive innovation and better solutions, helping us keep our clients AHEAD OF TOMORROW®.
EEO Employer Verbiage: